It isn't uncommon that I can't sleep. Since we began this adoption, it is usually something related to not being able to complete the adoption. But tonight, our baby is in a crib right in our room and Al is breathing heavily beside me and still I woke up in the middle of the night.
I got up to get something to drink. Al bought me something similar to Diet Coke in a bottle, when he went to the market for formula and diapers. So I poured myself a glass of that. I checked on the baby and then opened the curtain and watched the antics on the street for a while.
Zone 10, where the hotel is located is a "party zone". I just watched a group of Guatemalans, who had been out celebrating come down the street and get into cars to go home. I like the view from our room, because you can watch cars go by outside on the street and you can watch the mountains in the distance.
The baby and I headed up to the gym after "Happy Hour" tonight to look at the lights of the city. He, like his mom, loves to look at the lights. He has one favorite elevator to ride. There is music in that one, the other elevator doesn't have the music. He loves the movement and the mirrors in the elevators too. After the gym, we went to the lobby to look in the gift store. We decided that after we go to the Market tomorrow, we will come back and get something here as well. We couldn't decide what, but we figured that would all depend on what we get at the market tomorrow. There are so many pretty things and I would like to buy everything. I know that I want a story blanket for his wall. It's a beautiful wall hanging that depicts things that you see in Guatemala, like the churches, the volcanos, and the big lakes. That will be purchased for sure tomorrow at the market.
Al went with Bobby from the agency to go and pick up dinner for us. He got yummiest steak and he got me a layered chicken tortilla dish. He also brought strawberry caramel ice cream. That guy thinks that every day in Guatemala is a special occasion.
Not a peep from the baby. I should try to go back to sleep again. Thanks for reading my middle of the night musings.
Wendy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment