Last night, I went to dinner with 6 ladies that I went to high school with. We hit Buca di Beppo in Strongsville, which is good if you want to have a big group all together. I felt sorry for the tables on either end of our group. We spent a good part of the evening catching each other up on the last 20 years of our lives. That's when I realized that my story is sort of vanilla. I have been teaching in the same place for a really long time. I married Al and we adopted Conner and we are still trying to adopt his sister. THE END. I haven't lived all over the country, lived in another country, traveled extensively, dealt with major illness, or a death of a parent. My life has been completely average.
And you know what...I thought I minded. But as I write this...I realize that I don't. The life that Al and I have built is a crazy one, but I wouldn't trade it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! Your life is anything but vanilla! Maybe strawberry swirl on cheese cake. I agree; your life is perfect!
-- John
Post a Comment