Friday, May 21, 2010

Listen...

That's the sound of silence. It's something that is rarely heard in this home. Someone is always talking here. Usually it is Conner and I having a conversation these days. Like tonight...
Conner: Where's Daddy-o?
Me: He's with the Boy Scout Boys. They are camping out.
Conner: I want to camp out. I want to eat outside. I want to eat cake. I want to throw sticks in the fire. Daddy-o take me.
Me: Daddy-o went straight from the Shoppe. He isn't coming to get you.
Conner: That's okay...I wait for him.
Me: He isn't coming for you.
Conner: He will. He's my Daddy-o.
Me: Well, let's go and put your PJs on now. It's time for bed.
Conner: I can't go to Boy Scout Boys in PJs. I need my Boy Scout shirt. It's red. You find it for me?
Me: No. I am putting your PJs on. No Boy Scout Shirt tonight.
Conner: That okay, Mama. Daddy put it on me when he gets here. He coming yet?
Me: Time for pjs and bed.
Conner: Then Boy Scout Boys. Daddy-o come for me and take me to Boy Scout Boys.
Me: Time for pjs and bed.
Conner: Begins to whine....and I carry him up to his room and try to distract him....but he begins again about needing his red shirt and Daddy-o coming for him.

No comments: