Crazy Season started at preschool early this year. I have 9 preschoolers preparing for the big transition to Kindergarten and we identified through our preschool screening a whole new batch of preschoolers who need to have complete evaluations done. Translation for all of you that aren't Preschool Intervention Specialists...I have a ton of work to do, just with this.
Then, you need to add in the culuminating activity with the Preschool Technology Project that I have been involved with this year and the State of Ohio sent two women out this week to evaluate me teaching a half hour literacy lesson and looked at all parts of my classroom to evaluate my "literacy teaching skills". Both of these activities caused me to kick into over-kill mode and I prepared, prepared and oh wait over-prepared for these two events, which occured on Tuesday and Friday this week.
Plus life at home continues to move on. We had our 2 year visit with Emily, our social worker on Monday this week. Conner was in rare form and he was trying to get her to give him gum and was sliding down his Conner chair. Emily commented on how verbal he is and how he is definately "all boy". I was sitting there thinking "Really...I hadn't noticed."
Al took Conner to the Medina Community Band Concert on Wednesday night, so I could work on my presentation. He reported that Conner still loves music and was relatively decently behaved given the length of the concert and the time of night. What a relief, because Mommy didn't go and she is usually the one to give Conner the "eye", when he is not behaving.
This week, I also began using my Jazzercise coupon for 10 classes. I can't say that I love Jazzercise, because that would be a big fat lie. But I need to move more, so I am trying something new.AGAIN! I wish that I got that "high" from exercise. I am still contemplating making a 5K run a goal of mine. I need some motivation to get out and there and move.
I am still here. I am still living and working. I am looking forward to summer more than ever this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment