Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Cookie Baking

Every year, I bake what seems like a billion of our family's Christmas cookie recipe. This year, I cut way back, because I did not bake them for a party that I traditionally have at the beginning of the Christmas season with all of my friends. I really missed that time of getting together and talking, but there was no way with Conner and working, that I could possibly coordinated that event.
But, I still had to mix up the dough and cook the family cookies. We are getting together later this morning to frost them. I finally just finished the last batch. Now I remember why I only make these cookie just one time a year. They are a total pain! After I burned a batch last night, I gave up and got up at 5AM today to do the last of them. They are delicious to eat, but I have to say that I am glad that they are done baking.
Sarah, Jamie, my Mom, Payton, and I will frost them today. Conner and David will play and hopefully Conner will choose not to beat his cousin up. My child has no fear!

No comments: